Just exactly how long does it take you to do the laundry? I remember a friend sharing on her Facebook wall how it took her the entire day to finish washing all their laundry. Well, I can totally relate to her! I wash laundry three times in a week and it takes me from 8am to 5pm (on a fairly good day) to finish the three to four loads I wash on each of those days. Oh yes, it takes me nine to ten hours to finish a batch of laundry! Wait…before you render judgment on my homemaking skills, keep in mind that I have two kindergarten kids to look after AND have no househelp AND have only a twin tub washing machine.
Twin tub washing machines are usually the machine of choice here in our country as they are very affordable and don’t require a steady supply of water. Using a twin tub requires manual transferring of each load from the washer to the spinner to the basin. This cycle goes for at least three times depending on whether you rinse clothes in the basin or not. If I were to do nothing else but just the laundry, one batch of four loads would probably still take me four hours to finish. With two kindergartens to look after and meals to cook, it takes me more than twice as long. After a year without any househelp, you’d think I’d have gotten the hang of it and can have all chores done right on schedule! 😛
My Wash Loads of Love
My husband has repeatedly offered to just have our clothes sent to the laundry shop just like we used to. However, I would much rather wash our clothes myself. Aside from the savings, I can also be sure that the kids’ clothes are thoroughly cleaned and germ-free. Besides, I have already learned a few tricks to make washing clothes less cumbersome. You may already know some of these but do read on please.
- Always turn out BACK POCKETS too! I always do turn out front pockets to check for coins or receipts before putting them in the wash. Back pockets were merely just given a quick peek. Until, one of my hubby’s pants turned out to have a stash of paper tissues in the back pocket which I only discovered when small bits of tissue floated in the wash. Imagine a wash load of clothes all with tiny bits of tissue stuck on them! Well, you bet I scrutinize every single pocket since then.
- Keep a SMALL JAR FOR LOOSE BUTTONS near the washing machine. In an ideal world, no thread comes lose, no zippers get caught, and no buttons fall off. Ours is not an ideal one though so finding loose buttons in the washing machine is very common. Instead of having to look for the sewing kit or putting the loose button in your pocket (which you’re bound to forget about even before you finish the laundry), place a small jar near the washing machine and put loose buttons there. It’ll save you time looking for a missing button.
- CHEAP isn’t always ECONOMICAL. When I wasn’t the one doing the laundry before, I always bought the most affordable detergent and fabric conditioner. I found out though that they weren’t that efficient and I ended up using more to effectively wash our laundry. In the long run, these cheap detergents cost me more. Now I only buy trusted and reliable brands.
- SOAK WHITES AND HEAVILY STAINED CLOTHES the night before laundry day. Doing this would save you an hour or more of laundry time the next day. My kindergartens have a way of turning white clothes to gray so their clothes need to be soaked for a couple of hours. Plus, whites come out brighter with an overnight soak.
- Doing the laundry is FUN WITH KIDS AROUND. Oh yes, they may stretch laundry time but my kindergarten make this tedious chore fun. They’re not allowed to touch the soapy water – laundry detergent may be too strong for their baby soft skin – but I do engage their help in sorting the laundry and doing the last rinse clothes. They also love helping me load the washer or the dryer. Every now and then, I let them wash their own toys using a very gentle soap.
Although doing the laundry with the kids can be fun, I still would rather spend more time with them doing other things like reading books together, making crafts, or playing games – which is why I have my eyes set on Electrolux Time Manager washing machines.
Electrolux Time Manager: Washing Machine that Makes Washing Less of a Chore
Fully equipped with amazing features and the latest technology, this front loading washing machine would give Moms like me more time to spend with our precious little ones and extra time to do other chores. With an Electrolux Time Manager, I wouldn’t be burdened with my washer-spinner-basin cycles that require my checking on the washing machine every few minutes. I’ll be able to put a load on the washing machine, take the kids to school and come home with clean clothes all ready for ironing or folding. That alone puts the Time Manager on top of my home appliance wish list. All its other unique features made me fall in love with it!
- Load Sensor. This acts like a built-in weighing scale that guides you to select the perfect cycle and detergent recommendation for your load, saving you time, energy and water.
- Vapour Action. This helps reduce allergens in clothes by up to 99.9% while softening the fabric for brighter and cleaner clothes.
- Refresh Cycle. This relaxes the fibres and steams out the wrinkles in your clothes, helping it cut down on your ironing.
- IQ TouchTM. This easy-to-use intuitive panel makes instructions and program settings even easier to follow.
- Leaf Lifter + Lily Drum. This ensures gentle tumbling while increasing surface contact between the laundry and the drum for a cleaner wash.
- Time Manager. Four selectable time options let you wash base on how much and how dirty your clothes are.
With all those features, I’m sure you’re also wishing for an Electrolux Time Manager front loading washing machine. The steep price may take you aback but believe me when I say that this would cost you less in the long run. Contrary to what many presume, the Time Manager actually uses less water and less electricity. That means, you not only save time but also utility expenses while conserving water and energy. Moreover, you get outstanding customer service when you get yourself an Electrolux Time Manager.
Electrolux is “Thinking of You”
“Customer satisfaction doesn’t end after the purchase of our Time Manager washing machines or any of our Electrolux products. Our goal is to help new and existing customers get the most of their investment by providing support activities before, during, and after purchasing an Electrolux appliance.”
Andrea Pionilla, Group Product Manager of Electrolux Philippines
In line with its commitment to provide excellent customer service, Electrolux opened the Customer Service Hub at the Grundfos Building, 5548 Osmena Highway, Brgy. San Isidro, Makati City. Whether you’re a new customer looking to buy that Time Manager or a loyal Electrolux consumer looking for a spare part or a consumable item, you can find what you need at the CS Hub. This one stop facility carries a wide range of Electrolux and White Westinghouse spare parts and accessories. Can’t find what you’re looking for in the supermarket or hardware store? Head off to CS Hub or contact the Customer Care team through firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-CARE (2273).
Win an Electrolux Wash Loads of Love Laundry Set
As much as I would love to play fairy godmother and give each of you your very own Electrolux Time Manager, I’m just a mere housewife saving for one myself. But, don’t be disheartened. Electrolux is giving a laundry set to one of you dear readers! Oh yes, you just might be the one to bring home the Electrolux Wash Loads of Love Laundry Set which includes an Electrolux Steam Iron ESI 515, a big bottle of Surf Liquid Detergent, a set of IKEA Children’s Clothes Hangers, and an IKEA Silver Laundry Basket. No likes, shares, or follows needed (though they’d be greatly appreciated). Just tell me what your favorite feature of the Electrolux Time Manager is and how you will use the extra time you’d have if you had the Time Manager.
What is your favorite feature of the Electrolux Time Manager?
How will you use the extra time you’d have if you had the Electrolux Time Manager?
Leave a comment with your name, email address, and answers to the questions. You have until 11:59pm of August 18, 2013 to leave your comment. The reader with the best comment will have the Wash Loads of Love Laundry Set delivered right at his doorstep. This giveaway is open to residents of the Philippines only.